What is the connection between our modern era and
the end-times conditions Jesus spoke about?
When Jesus returns the world will be in upheaval with several devastating events occurring before his arrival, and several after. After a period of resistance and complete environmental upheaval the armies of the world gather to fight against the returning Christ and are defeated. This occurs, despite the direct presence of two witnesses sent from God openly declaring the return of Jesus and warning the world that it must change and accept the reality that, with the deception of Satan using greed to push it forward, humanity has brought its own world to the brink of destruction.
Those witnesses are clearly identified in the Bible as God’s representatives, they are described as having great power, and the warning is given that they will be killed for their efforts and their deaths will be celebrated, yet, such a travesty will occur. “And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.” (Revelation 11:10)
This, alone, should make anyone reading these words realize that the world will be completely deceived about the end times. Such a worldwide deception could and would never occur if the mainstream sources of information were telling the truth about the return of Jesus now. But, not only are the powers that be ignoring the truth about the events surrounding the return of the Christ, they are hiding the very reason he must return to save mankind. Here is how Jesus describes the state of the world before he has to step in and rescue it from certain destruction:
The World on the Brink of Annihilation
· “And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.” (Matthew 24:22)
Religious Deception Will Abound
· “And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.” (Matthew 24:4-5)
Crime and Corruption Will Thrive
· “And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.” (Matthew 24:12-13)
The word “iniquity” was translated from the Greek word ‘anomia’, pronounced an-om-ee’-ah; illegality, i.e. violation of law or wickedness.
Unprecedented Stress on the World
· “For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. (Matthew 24:21)
· “For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.” (Mark 13:19)
The words “affliction” and “tribulation”, in these two verses, were both translated from the Greek word ‘thlipsis’, pronounced thlip’-sis; pressure, literally or figuratively.
Military Conflict and Instability
· “But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.” (Luke 21:9)
The word “commotions” was translated from the Greek word ‘akatastasia’, pronounced ak-at-as-tah-see’-ah, meaning; instability, i.e. disorder.
· Luke 21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.
The World Will Be Distracted with the Burdens of Life
· Luke 21:34. And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
The word “surfeiting” was translated from the Greek word ‘kraipale’, pronounced krahee-pal’-ay; properly, a headache from drunkenness, i.e. by implication, a debauch, by analogy, a glut. The word “overcharged” was translated from the Greek word baruno, pronounced bar-oo’-no; to burden (figuratively). The word “cares” was translated from the Greek word ‘merimna’, pronounced mer’-im-nah, (through the idea of distraction); solicitude:
Mankind Will Be Completely Deceived
· “For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.” (Luke 21:35)
The word “snare” was translated from the Greek word ‘pagis’, pronounced pag-ece’; a trap (as fastened by a noose or notch); figuratively, a trick or statagem (temptation).
False Teachers Will Mock the Truth
· “Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts.” (2 Peter 3:3)
The word “scoffers” was translated from the Greek word ’empaiktes’, pronounced emp-aheek-tace’scoffers; a derider, i.e. (by implication) a false teacher.
Dangerous Times with Evil Men
· “This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.” (2 Timothy 3:1-5)
Vast Knowledge; Void of the Truth
· “Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.” (2 Timothy 3:7)
Corrupt Deceivers Will Increase
· “But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.” (2 Timothy 3:13)
Mankind Will Mourn the Coming of Jesus
· “And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.” (Matthew 24:30)
Humanity Will Not Change, Even Facing Annihilation
· “And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:” (Revelation 9:20)
We now present a view of the world few know about, or can even conceive. It is not about a bleak future world, or something we are in danger of becoming. It is a view of the world we now live in, and the horrific reality of what humanity has become and what it is doing to insure its own destruction. These realities are why Jesus must return, what mankind will be faced with when it questions why it will be forced to change, and how an evil power has led it to the precipice of its own end. This truth will be denied, and it will be ignored; but, it is no less the truth, and humanity will face it squarely. Unfortunately, despite the fact that Bible clearly declares it, powerful witnesses from God will testify to it, and it is easy for all to see; mankind will not admit it until it is snatched from a free-fall into its own grave.
Why do Jesus and the Apostles he directly taught say to reject the world and its influences?
Jesus and the Apostles on the World
Humanity on the Edge of Annihilation
A Table of Contents
Jesus and the Apostles on the World
We Have to End Starvation!
The Killing Must Stop!
Worldwide Living Conditions Have To Improve!
Destruction of the Environment Must Stop Now!
Corporate Control of Society Must End!
Alternative Media Resources