The Missing Antediluvian Age
With only a few words form Moses and brief general descriptions from Matthew and Luke, there is little to point to the true cause of man’s evil binge before the flood:
Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Luke 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. 27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
There is a source that sheds considerable light on the the cause of mankind’s demise and presents a scenario so unorthodox, it is no wonder it was rejected by the church. Here, in brief, is what Enoch has to say about the reason for mankind’s near demise:
There is a source that sheds considerable light on the cause of mankind’s demise and presents a scenario so unorthodox; it is no wonder the church rejected it. It is the Book of Enoch.
Enoch was so close to God, the Bible says God took him:
· Genesis 5: 24 And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.
Paul recalls his favor with God:
· Hebrews 11:15 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
The book of Enoch is quoted in the Bible:
· Jude 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints.
Why isn’t his book in the Bible? The Book of Enoch was recognized centuries before Christ, it was accepted by early Christians, and early Christian literature contains many references to it. The book was an accepted part of the scriptures up to the middle of the third century when the church leadership decided to ban it during the Council of Laodicea. Along with 40 other books it was banned as a scriptural source and was lost for over a thousand years. It was not until the late 1700s that a copy surfaced.
The obvious reason for this mass book banning was that these books did not agree with the beliefs of the church leaders. During the same Council, this leadership declared the keeping of the Sabbath a sin. The simple reality was scripture did not determine what dogma was accepted; rather dogma determined what scripture was accepted. This may have occurred centuries ago, but the modern day church practices the same contradiction.
It is recorded that Enoch lived for 365 years, but that is a relative figure because apparently Yhovah took him on board and didn’t bring him back. In Hebrews 11:5 the word translate is used 3 times: By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. The words from which “translate” is rendered mean” to transport”. It is clear that he was physically transported and it is the amazing odyssey that Enoch records after, “God took him”, that reveals the true cause of early mankind’s demise. Enoch had a revelation given to him just as John received thousands of years later on the Isle of Patmos. Here, in brief, is what Enoch has to say about what caused such a radical action as a worldwide flood:
· The angels were in such close contact with mankind that they actually taught men previously unknown knowledge. This is a practical explanation about why there is no apparent evolution of early culture, just a sudden burst of knowledge with no evident progression of learning. It not only seems that our ancestors were taught advanced skills, but the records of many ancient cultures testify to that reality.
· Certain angels actually organized a plot to inbreed with human women and swore an evil oath to seal the devastating conspiracy. The ringleaders are named and the number of conspirators is given. Many ancient writings speak of such a relationship with divine or extraterrestrial beings.
· The offspring of this plot were giants. World anthropological, and historical documentation, as well as the biblical record, testify to the existence of giants throughout the ages. Please see our section on Giants HERE
· The giants apparently had appetites that matched their size. These hybrid monsters ate all man could produce, and when man could not produce enough, they began to eat humans. They also began to consume all they could acquire from nature, and when this ran out they turned on each other.
· The rampant destruction of the natural environment by the giant hybrids and the corruption of mankind caused the decision to flood the planet.
· When the flood killed the giants, their spirits separated from their bodies as spirit beings whose sole purpose is to torture and devastate man until the judgment day.
· The angels who perpetrated the invasive act are imprisoned, but the spirits of their illicit offspring are roaming the planet.