• Argentina, Buenos Aires Airport: A large, fiery disk was observed on the runway by Horado Alora and Mario Pezzuto, the two control tower operators, and by the crews of two aircraft. It rose to 10 m altitude, hovered, and flew away to the northeast.
• Argentina, Catamarca: A truck driver and two other men observed two powerful lights, lost sight of them, but later saw a craft on the ground 150 m to the side of the road. It took off at high speed when illuminated by the headlights. Farther away, two objects maneuvered above the road leading to La Bajada. As the police were driving to the scene, they saw one of the craft on the ground near Loma Brava.
• Argentina, Chumbicha: G. L. Colodrero and the director of the Cordoba Historial Museum were driving from Catamarca to Cordoba when, 7 km away from Chumbicha, they saw seven objects on the ground of a mountain slope. They were bright and spherical, rose straight up and flew away with a very bright trail.
• Argentina, Jujuy: Approximate date. Four people whose car had run out of gas, were waiting in a drizzling rain when a bright light, first thought to be from a car, approached them. It turned out to be a low-flying object that landed. It was round with a blinking light, and stayed there about one hour before taking off at high speed
• Argentina, Pampa Province: V. and G. Tomasini and H. Zenobi saw an object on the ground 100 m away from the road. It looked like a railroad car and was illuminated. As they came close to it, the object took off, crossed the road at low altitude, rose with a flame, and separated into two sections that flew away in different directions. It made a humming noise and was seen on the ground for one min. Within a circle 60 m in radius, grass was burned, insects were carbonized, and the ground was “petrified. ” Sample analysis was done by the Puerto Belgrano Naval Base.
• Argentina, Uncativo: Dozens of witnesses in Uncativo, Cordoba, Carranza, and Los Molinos Dam observed a very luminous, elongated object with a bright trail. Soon thereafter, fog filled a wooded section near Uncativo, and a landed object resembling a small house was observed.
• Australia, Norwood: Mrs. E. D. Silvester was driving with her three children when an illuminated oval object landed near the road. She watched it for 40min, and reported seeing a man wearing a helmet and gas mask in the vicinity of the object.
• Brazil, Barcelos: Three men working in a rubber plantation saw a large, disk-shaped object hover above the river. It emitted sparks, was of silvery color, and very brilliant. It eventually rose straight up at high speed. Disappearance of cattle was noticed in the area during that period and blamed on the same cause.
• Brazil, Duas Pontes: Rivalino da Silva, a diamond prospector, told his associates that he had seen two strange dwarfs digging a hole near his house. They ran away as he came near them, and moments late ran object took off from behind the bushes. It was shaped like a hat and surrounded with a red glow.
• Brazil, Duas Pontes: Raimundo, the son of Rivalino da Silva(see previous case), was awakened by the sound of steps and saw “a weird shadow” in the room. It was small and not human in shape. Voices were heard saying, “This one looks like Rivalino, ” and later that they would kill him. The family stayed on the alert all night.
• Brazil, Duas Pontes: Raimundo da Silva (see previous cases) testified before the police that while working in a field, he saw two spherical objects hovering 2 m above ground, a few meters from the house. One was black with an antenna-like protrusion and a small tail; the other was black and white. Both emitted a humming sound and a flickering fire through an opening. The boy’s father warned him to stay away as Rivalino walked toward the objects, praying. When he was 2 m away, the two spheres merged into one, raising dust from the ground and spreading a yellow mist that enveloped the man. The boy ran after his father, noting that the cloud had “an acrid smell. ” As it dissolved, everything had vanished. Police investigation, headed by Lieutenant Lisboa, failed to reveal any clue. Many terrified people left the area.
• Brazil, Pasnembi: A man driving near Pasnembi stopped when his engine failed and observed a cylindrial object, described as “a bottle with two necks, ” about 40 m long, 15 m high, which had landed on the road. Two men (one at either end of the craft), appeared to be changing some luminous signals. This lasted 10 min and the craft took off at high speed. In Alta, a number of people reported a bright object moving at high altitude.
• Brazil, Ubatuba: UFO explodes over a South Atlantic beach in Ubatuba, Sao Paulo state, Brazil. Molten slag is recovered.
• England, Aston Clinton: Mr. Wildam, of Luton, noticed that his car was gradually losing speed as he approached a bright, oval thing hovering 10 m above the road. The object was surrounded by a glow, and left at high speed very suddenly. “Delivery driver Ronald Wildman was taking a new car to Swansea when he encountered a white, oval-shaped object with square black marks at regular intervals around the rim. [He] estimated that the object was 20 or 30 feet above the ground and at least 40 feet in diameter. Within 20 yards of the object, the power of the car changed and the speed was reduced to 20 mph. The accelerator had no effect, but while the engine lost revolutions, the headlights remained normal. The object, which was silent, stayed ahead of the car then started to come lower. After about two hundred yards, a white haze like a halo appeared around the object as it veered away at speed, at the same time brushing particles of frost from the tree tops on to the car’s windscreen.” (BUFORA Vehicle Interference Catalog)
• England, Overfield: Myra Jones was driving between Overfield and Norris Hill when she saw a luminous, gray object, larger than a car with a dome on top. It was flying at the altitude of the telephone poles, slowly spinning. Dark spots were visible on the underside. It nearly touched the car, then gave a whistling sound and flew away.
• France, Var: A garage owner was driving through a rainstorm when he suddenly saw a group of figures 80 m away. He slowed down as they went away jerkily, and observed that they were bizarre, birdlike creatures. As they rushed toward the car, he drove past them in terror and saw them going back toward a luminous, blue object hovering in a field. They entered it as if “sucked into it, ” and a dull sound was heard before the object flew off.
• Italy, Bologna: Antonio Candau saw a circular object land in Cadivilla, 9 m away from him. It was about 5. 5 m diameter, and two men emerged from it, approaching within 2 m, and spoke incomprehensible words. They wore yellow coveralls and a wide belt. Noting that the witness was afraid, one of them made a reassuring gesture with his hand, and the craft departed with a strange sound.
• Italy, Milan: Francesco Rizzi, night watchman, was crossing the factory yard when he heard a whistling sound and observed an object hovering 1 m above ground. It was a silvery disk, about 5 m in diameter, with lighted windows. The noise stopped, a door became visible, and a small being appeared and made a gesture. A second figure was also seen. The craft took off with a puff of white smoke and a whistling sound.
• Italy, Mount Eba : Eugenio Siragusa, 43, claimed to have met two men of normal height, clad in diving suits, with belts emitting intermittent yellow-green blue light, who delivered to him a peace message in Italian. The voice had a metallic tone. Also observed was a very dazzling object, 15 m in diameter.
• Italy, Mount Manfre: Second observation by Mr. Siragusa (Case 531), who saw two figures over 2. 10 m tall. The light from their belts prevented him from seeing them in detail. A large, spinning object, 25 m wide, top-shaped, hovered nearby. “From the underpart, a metallic cylinder over 3 m long reached down almost to touch the road, with a small door, a sort of lift. ”
• Italy, San Casciano : Mario Zuccula, 27, was walking home when he suddenly felt a current of cold air. He was paralyzed with fear when he saw a white object, 10 m in diameter, metallic in appearance which hovered close to the ground. A metallic cylinder was lowered from the craft, and two little men about 1. 30m tall, came out through a door lighted by a source inside the cylinder. A low voice similar to the sound of an electronic device told him they would return at the end of the fourth moon, one hour before dawn, with a message. The beings had their heads covered with a hood.
• Italy, Sarouno: Between Saronno and Legnano, Benazzi and three other witnesses saw a peculiar craft fly above them and land on the road. It was intensely luminous.
• Italy, Verbania: Three sailors on a ship observed two gray, helmet-shaped objects hovering 1 km away at 20 m altitude above Lake Major. Diameter: about 15 m. After 5 min one object started moving rapidly, gaining height with an undulating movement. It was soon joined by the second object, and both disappeared together at the horizon.
• Italy, Verona: For about one hour, 20-year-old Roberto Poregozzo, his mother, Maria, and his 25-year-old sister, Luisa, observed a silvery disk, the apparent diameter of the moon, maneuvering in the sky near Santa Anastasia church. They finally went home. About 0300, one of them was awakened by a feeling of intense cold and perceived a greenish light in the room. In the window a sharply defined human shape, delineating a semi-transparent body, was visible. The apparition had a huge bald head. The witnesses screamed, awakening the two others, and they saw the apparition shrink and vanish “like a TV image when one turns off the set. ”
• USA, California, Orland: A. T. Gray, a dairy rancher, thought some lights in a field were those of a car. When coming nearer, he realized the object was oblong with blunt edges and hovered about 7 m above the ground, making no noise. When Gray was 50 m away, the object came toward him, rose, and took off toward the southwest.
• USA, New Jersey, Oradell: Two bright disks were first seen at 1700, then were seen again at 1800, at the state line. Two witnesses saw one round object with a fin on top and another under it at 1950, and reported that it was going down toward the Oradell reservoir. Three young men saw and heard the object as it touched the water. Another witness called police. The luminous object took off a few minutes later. Official investigation described it as bright, surrounded with a glow, the apparent size of a small plane 1 km away. It left toward the south.
• On May 20, C. A. Maney, a physicist, with six others, saw a maneuvering light turn sharply and make sudden changes in speed.
1962 Project Blue Book Unknowns
• Bermuda Aug. 18, 1962; Bermuda. 5 p.m. Witnesses: owner M. Sheppard and chief announcer A. Seymour of radio station. Three dull-white, egg-shaped objects wavered as they moved for 20 minutes.
• West Germany March 26, 1962; Ramstein Air Base, West Germany. 1:35 p.m. Witness: USAF Capt. J.M. Lowery, from an unspecified aircraft. One thin, cylindrical object–l/3 snout, 2/3 tail fins–flew at an estimated Mach 2.7 (2,000 m.p.h.) for 5-8 seconds.
• USA, Alaska Feb. 25, 1962; Kotzbue, Alaska. 7:20 p.m. Witnesses: one U.S. Army private, six anonymous civilians. One red light, trailed 30 seconds later by a blue light. Sighting lasted 5 minutes.
• USA, Florida Nov. 17, 1962; Tampa, Florida. 99 p.m. Witness: F.L. Swindale, college graduate and ex-USMC Capt. Three bright star-like lights approached, hovered and bounced, then faded after 11-15 minutes.
• USA, Indiana June 21, 1962; Indianapolis, Indiana. 4 a.m. Witnesses: Lt. Col. H. King and tail gunner M/Sgt. Roberts, aboard a B-52 heavy jet bomber. Three bright, star-like lights: one seen; 10 seconds later, two more were seen. Total sighting took 3 minutes.
• USA, Illinois March 26, 1962; Naperville, Illinois. 11:40 p.m. Witnesses: Mrs. D. Wheeler, Claudine Milligan. Six or eight red balls, arranged in a rectangular formation, became two objects with lights by the end of the 15 minute sighting.
• USA, Kentucky April 4, 1962; Wurtland, Kentucky. 0150Z. Witnesses: G.R. Wells and J. Lewis, using 117x telescope. One small object changing brightness, gave off smoke but remained stationary like a comet for 6 minutes. Case missing from official files.
• USA, New Jersey July 19, 1962. Bayhead, New Jersey. 9:30 p.m. Witnesses: C.T. Loftus, H. Wilbert. Four or five lights darted about the sky for 7-10 minutes.
• USA, New York March l, 1962; Salem, New York. 10:35 p.m. Witness: Mrs. L. Doxsey, 66. One gold-colored box, 12-14″x3-4″, flew straight and level across the horizon for 3-4 minutes. .
• USA, Mississippi July 29, 1962; Ocean Springs, Mississippi. 11:20 p.m. Witnesses: Mr. and Mrs. M.O. Barton. One bright cherry-red, diamond-shaped object flew slow, hovered, made fast 1/2 loops for l0 minutes.
• USA, Mississippi Sept. 21, 1962; WSW of Biloxi, Mississippi, in the Gulf of Mexico. 7:37 p.m. Witness: fishing boat captain S.A. Guthrie. Two objects, red and black with orange streaks, one as big as the Moon, and the other smaller. Arced across the sky for 13 minutes.
• USA, Massachusetts March 26, 1962; Westfield, Massachusetts. 10:45 p.m. Witnesses: many unidentified young people. One large red ball flew or fell down, then went back up during 3-10 minute sighting. Note: May 26?
• USA, Utah Oct. 23, 1962; Farmington, Utah. 3 p.m. Witness: R.O. Christensen. One grey and silver ball, trailing what looked like twine with two knots in it, swerved, and climbed away at a 45′ angle, making a sound like a flock of ducks (rushing air). Twenty seconds.
• USA, Virginia June 30, 1962; Richmond, Virginia. 9 a.m. Witness: 13 year old Meadors. One red, star-like light seen for an unspecified length of time. No further details in files.
|45,000 BC – 9 BC||60 AD – 927 AD||1015 – 1492||1517 -1749|
|1751 – 1847||1860 – 1881||1882 – 1896||1897 – 1899|
|1902 – 1909||1910 – 1919||1920 – 1941||1942 – 1946|
|1947||1948 – 1949||1950||1951|
|1956 – 1957||1958||1959||1960|
|1965||1966||1967||1968 – 1975|